Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mentats of Dune

I have been reading Mentats of Dune for the last few weeks, and I have to say that Brian Herbert, and Kevin J. Anderson still have it.  This novel focuses on  the story of Gilbertus Albans, and his school for mentats. It also tells about the events in the Dune universe, such as the war between the Spacing Guild, and the Butlerians.  I absolutely love this series, and one of the reasons why I enjoy it so much is because the events in these novels are believable as compared to other science fiction.  I first decided to read this series after having watched Syfy channels original film of Dune. I later found out that this was a more accurate version of Frank Herberts classic story. I know that most people are all fond of the 1984 Dune, but the later, and much newer version is true to the story that Herbert had written. I just thought that the 1984 one that everyone knows was just a bit over the top, and not very real.



I'm still looking forward to Princess Irulan's story which should be out sometime in the near future. But until then I may re-read some of the other books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment