Thursday, May 31, 2018

Review: Dark Knights Metal

I received a review copy for a fair an honest review. Upon reading this trade I feel that this was much better than the prior Road to Metal. This was way more structured and in retrospect, I wonder if Road was mashed together at the last minute to make this series seem more complete. I do have to say at times I really enjoyed the metal(rock) theme, but sometimes the font was a bit hard to read due to it being too jagged and rock looking.

Right off we are introduced to the action as the Justice League are battling on War planet and in an almost Voltron moment they build a giant robot to save the day. 
But hold tight kids we have even more intensity when we meet the evil versions of Batman from the multiverse who serve the dark lord, Barbatos (see first pic above). This really made this trade enjoyable for me. I love alternate versions of my fave comics heroes. Each evil Bats has his side to the story, and why they are doing what they can to assist in unraveling the universe. The payoff for this book was so much better than the lead up to this. I do think they should have combined what I think may have been the other stories to make 2 more volumes fo this storyline into this book. It seemed to rush through to the end rather quickly just as I was getting into it. I really enjoyed this and rated it 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. If you are an alternate universe fan this will be the series for you to check out. I am looking forward to reading the other 2 volumes in this storyline and hope they are just as good as this if not better. 

International shoppers get your copy here - http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=geekpron

No comments:

Post a Comment