Sunday, April 1, 2018

Review: The End of the Fucking World by Charles Forsman


I viewed and reviewed the Netflix/Channel 4 series of the same name back in January of 2018. I really enjoyed that and was super impressed so much that it was based on a graphic novel that I just had to read it.
First off I have to say that I base my reviews on the item/title in question and do not let my opinion(s) of previous work to influence my rating.  I say this because these are two separate animals. The filmed version is very different from the graphic novel it is based on. While this is the basis for the series this felt very plain, and quite honestly this was basic AF. Why do you ask do I say it is basic? Because it transitions from scene to scene very fast with no explanation of why things had changed or why the pair of teens are going in the direction that they are going. The TV series fills a lot of these plot holes and is a much better piece of work than this. I also felt that the art was also basic and plain and seemed similar to Charles Shultz Peanuts if he had drawn Charlie Brown as a runaway teen with issues.


Don't get me wrong I take this for what it is and I did enjoy it but do not feel like so many of my friends on Goodreads that this deserves a 4 or 5-star rating. I rated this only 3 stars for the above-mentioned reasons. After having read this I really do not see there being a continuation of the Netflix series, but they did such a great job of writing it ...it is possible to continue on I guess.
UK and Canada get yours here - TEOTFW

all others - http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=geekpron


1 comment:

  1. Most TV-Shows with new and interesting storylines are destroyed by bad dialogue and with bad dialogue comes bad acting and with bad acting comes bad TV. > The End of the Fucking World This needs to change. TV companies who base their “hit shows” on formulas and “what works” are not what I look for is a show. If you want a show that pushes boundaries and tells a story that focuses on character and not plot, then this is for you. If you want a show that has heart and a romance that is true and natural, then this is for you. If you want a show that doesn’t feel like it has to get from point A to point B in order for point C to happen, then this is for you

    See more:
    > arrival putlockers
    > the revenant putlocker
    > 2k movies

    ReplyDelete