So I wanted to make a list of a few things that I think make Central NY a great place to live. I have to say that these are in no particular order. So here it goes:
1. The Great NYS Fair- Being that Syracuse is in the center of the state what better place than here to have our State fair? If you have only gone to your local county fair and have yet to go to this....what are you waiting for? The Great NYS Fair runs from late August till Labor Day. Last year they got a new Amusement provider and the Midway was HUGE. There are so many things to do and see. Animal barns, many varieties of carnival foods, attractions, and free music shows in Chevy Court.
2. Jreck Subs - Yeah, there is Subway, and everyone knows them, but there is nothing quite like a Jreck sub. These Sandwich shops are located all over the CNY area. These subs are delicious, and they offer a sub of the day , which is a great value at almost half price and it's a whole sub. They also have a sub of the month, which is always something unique. Not only do they offer subs, but they also offer Fried Pickles, and Sweet Potato French Fries.
3.Wegman's - If I ever moved from CNY I would terribly miss this grocery store chain. Started in Rochester, NY this supermarket has become a staple of CNY shopping. One of the cool things about this store is that they let customers sample the food before committing to buying it.
Even Alec Baldwin, whose mother has been a long time resident of the region thinks this store is great.
4. White Christmas? - If you're one of those people who thinks it's not Christmas unless there is snow...well then you will love it here in Central New York. Where the snow falls in record breaking numbers. With an over abundance of snow one would find it hard not having snow for the Holidays.
5.Salt Potatoes - One of the delicacies of this region, and one that has been a staple of CNY Summer picnics. Made from baby potatoes and boiled in a saltwater solution until tender they are then served with melted butter. Yes they are salty, but oh so good.
6. Dinosaur Bbq - Who doesn't love barbecue, paired up with bikers and the blues. The inside and outside is decorated with murals from a famous CNY artist, named Eliot Matisse. The restaurant in Syracuse is the first and original Dinosaur BBQ. They soon opened chains throughout the state. If you come to CNY you must try this place out.
7. Byrne Dairy - Another CNY thing is a convenience store that sells milk, ice cream and other local products. They sell dairy products made from milk that comes from local farms. The milk they sell comes in glass gallon bottles. This store even sells holiday flavored milks, such as a green St. Patty's day milk that tastes like mint.
So if you ever get a chance to visit this region I hope this list will help you in discovering some of the things that we have to offer. Feel like I left something out? Leave a comment down below.