Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Review: Dark Days - Road to Metal

I do not read monthly issues as I prefer to wait and read stories in trade paperback format. But a few of my friends who do read single issues raved about this storyline so much that I just could not wait for it to be released in trade paperback. I'm extremely thankful that Netgalley gave me the opportunity read and review this series for a fair and honest review.
So my anticipation for this series was at the peak. Upon reading the introduction to the series I am kind of not sure what to think. I mean new story....new content, and a whole new world, right? But first off I'm not sure if this was planned years or months ago or if it was a spur of the moment change in the continuum. I say this because this collects a lot of portion of different storylines that they are suggesting elude to this main storyline. Some I can say sure I see a connection but others seem to be a stretch. For instance, the crisis of the multiverse is a portion of this collection along with some other Batman stories that had me wondering and shaking my head. I felt this didn't really run cohesively the transitions between linked stories was very rough. The Bruce Wayne lost in time story makes sense to be a part of the greater storyline. But the Endgame and the Joker poisoning Gotham had me baffled. Don't get me wrong this isn't a bad collection as I did reading the original new story that ties this all together. I hope that s the series goes this will flesh out that way it should and be a great story that my friends raved about. I decided to rate this introduction trade 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. 


No comments:

Post a Comment