Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Review - Hellboy : Into the Silent Sea

Yet again Mignola does not let us down with another Hellboy tale.  Actually, I found this story to be better than previous HB stories due to the artwork. The art was what enthralled me and made me want to read through this story as quickly as I did. The art has an engraving/woodcut look to it that reinforces the time shift that HB experiences.


The use of nautically themed poetry adds to the mystery of HB's seemingly self-discovery trip of him wandering the world. The reader is reminded of how he quit the agency to do some soul searching at the beginning of this tale. 

Where he ends up is the main part of the story and one in which I cannot spoil for you. But this was well worth reading. I really enjoyed revisiting this character, and the outcome of the tale was satisfying as well. I rated this 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads, and recommend it for fans of Mignola's works.



No comments:

Post a Comment