Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Review: I Hate Fairy Land Vol. 2 Fluff My Life

It has been quite a while since I have updated this blog and an even longer time since I had read the first volume of I Hate Fairy Land. So I had to look up my review of the first volume, and I was surprised that I hadn't done a full-on blog posting about it, because I really enjoyed it. So I discovered that I had just done a quick review on Goodreads...I have decided to leave that review below so you can read what I thought of that volume before reading my thoughts on the second one.

"This may look all cutesy and techno-colored safe for kids......But it's not. Gertrude enters Fairyland much like Alice and she has been stuck there a very long time. She's mad and just wants to go home. This was like if Dr. Suess had written more like a "muffin fluffer" trucker...subtle cussing. I've always enjoyed Skottie Young's art and this has to be his best work yet. I would recommend this to fans of Rat Queens or any violent and highly inappropriate book."

Okay. Now that we have gotten that out of the way let's get on with the review of Fluff My Life. So picking up from the events of the first volume Gert is now the queen of Fairy Land.


I know you're probably thinking "oh no"...right? And you would be right in thinking the Shtuff will hit the fan..lol.  I have to admit that when I read these books I always hear Angelica from Rugrats as the voice of Gert.  The second volume still keeps up with the perfect blend of off-color remarks while censoring itself by making them other words. 

And of course, it still has the perfect blend of shenanigans to make it exciting and page-turning as always. She is still trying to get the fluff out of Fairy Land, and failing miserably....and that is one the most charming things about this series. We have to remember that Gert is not really a child but a 30 yr old woman who has grown up in this make-believe world and just wants to go home.  I loved this second volume just as much as I did the first one. I rated this 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. Get your copy by clicking the link found below. Thanx for reading and Get the fluff out there and read this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment